Small Business Loans
Loans for Local Small Businesses
Common Capital is a mission-driven, nonprofit community loan fund working to increase access to capital for small businesses. With support from local funders, investors, and partners, as well as state and federal resources, we make loans to small businesses that are not able to obtain business capital from conventional lenders, such as a bank. As a community development lender, we are focused on helping businesses owned by low-to-moderate income individuals, people of color, women and immigrants obtain the capital they need to grow, create and retain jobs, and produce other community benefits. All Common Capital borrowers receive free business assistance and coaching.
Black Rose Trucking LLC, Holyoke MA
More Information About Common Capital Loans
- We provide our borrowers with fixed-rate loans from $1,000 to $300,000.
- Our interest rates currently range from 8.25% to 10.0% (subject to change without notice).
- Loan terms may include an initial period of monthly interest-only payments.
- Our borrower’s businesses must be located in Western Massachusetts (Berkshire, Franklin, Hampden, and Hampshire counties).
- Loans may be used for working capital, inventory, supplies, equipment, business start-up, business acquisition or expansion, business debt refinancing (restrictions apply), leasehold improvements, and business real estate purchases.
After we receive your completed and signed application, we will obtain your credit report and contact you within three business days. One of our loan officers will speak with you by telephone to review your loan request.
If we determine that your loan request is eligible for one of our loan programs, we’ll ask you to provide more information. This may include information about other owners of your business, a personal financial statement, demographic information, tax returns, and historical and current financial statements, among other things. As stated above, all business owners with a 20% or greater share of ownership are required to provide information to Common Capital in connection with your loan application. Some applicants, including start-up or early-stage businesses, will be required to provide a business plan and financial projections.
A $100 application fee is required. Please mail a check to our office (see address on the Contact Us page).